By joining Real Estate Balance’s email list, you agree to receive email updates from time to time about organisation news, events being held and information about our partners in accordance with the terms outlined in our privacy notice, which you can read in full here.Sign up
Taylor Review of Modern Work Practices and Government Response
The Taylor Review (2017) calls for (page 102):
- Ministerial responsibility for quality work in addition to responsibility for the quantity of work;
- More effort has to be placed on measuring quality of work through agreed metrics and better data, with a focus on particular sectors;
- Government has to remain vigilant and proactively engage where market conditions could lead to a greater risk of exploitation;
- Government needs to ensure the forthcoming modern Industrial Strategy makes the most of the opportunities a more productive workforce can deliver, especially in lower paid, and lower skilled sectors;
- Automation and Artificial Intelligence (AI) have the potential to support the development of quality work.