CEO Commitments on Diversity
The CEO Commitments on Diversity are the start of an important journey, one that Real Estate Balance wants to invite you on. Over 87 senior industry leaders have now signed up already but with even greater support, we can ensure that property is an inclusive, diverse industry where women are supported and encouraged to aim for the top.
CEO Commitments on Diversity
- Visibly demonstrate the business case for diversity and promote your commitment within your business.
Note: e.g. publish the CEO Commitments within your own organisation.
- Gather your diversity data, track and report your progress, using your data to guide your priorities.
Note: e.g. publicise your progress / commitments through your website / report on gender and ethnicity pay.
- Change mindsets by challenging bias/discrimination wherever you see it and licence others to do so.
Note: e.g. commit to inclusivity & unconscious bias training using a range of platforms from face to face to online, with measurable outcomes.
- Insist on diversity for recruitment or promotion decisions you're involved with, including on panels and in shortlists.
Note: e.g. consider interviewers from across different business areas to ensure diversity of questioning and ‘blind CVs.’
- Use promotional opportunities for your company to represent a diverse image Note: e.g. draw employees from a diverse pool for promotional material / events / pitches / training courses.
- Speak on panels only where organisers commit to have a panel diversified by gender and ethnicity.
Note: Women Talk Real Estate (WTRE) has a directory of women speakers and Black Professionals in Construction (BPiC) has a directory of ethnically diverse speakers.
- Adopt a balanced and diversified approach to sponsorship, i.e. both gender and ethnicity.
- Consider actions to influence your supply chain.
Note: e.g. enquire about D&I policies and performance when tendering or insist on diverse client teams.
- Personally engage with the diverse range of the workforce in your business in order to broaden your perspective.
- Promote D&I in any groups you are members of and share good practice.
The following 88 leaders are delighted to have signed up to these commitments and together with the Real Estate Balance Management Committee encourage others to follow:
Mark Allan, Landsec; Mark Allnutt, Greystar Europe Holdings Ltd;
Jonathan Baker, Bird & Bird; Ben Bannatyne, Prologis;
Richard Bentley, Helaba; Brian Bickell, Shaftesbury; Ciaran Bird, CBRE;
Emily Bohill, Bohill Partners Ltd; Rob Bower, Montagu Evans;
Melissa Brett, CMS; Justin Brown, BlackRock;
Neil Cable, Fidelity International; Simon Carter, British Land;
Chantal Clavier, Heidrick & Struggles; Virgina Clegg, DAC Beachcroft;
Shane Cleghorn, Taylor Wessing; Jason Constable, Barclays;
Toby Courtauld, Great Portland Estates Ltd;
Richard Croft, M7 Real Estate; Alastair Crowdy, Newsteer Ltd;
Siobhan Durcan, Deloitte Jersey; Mark Duhig, Hammerson Plc;
Alistair Elliott, Knight Frank; Oliver Fenn-Smith, The Portman Estate;
James Garman, Goldman Sachs; Stephen Gibb, Shepherd and Wedderburn;
Marc Gilbard, Moorfield Group; Ian Gleeson, CBRE Global Investors;
Helen Gordon, Grainger plc; Yvette Hanson,TP Bennett;
Jessica Hardman, DWS; Ian Hawksworth, Capco;
Tony Horrell, Colliers International; Lars Huber, Hines Europe Ltd;
Bill Hughes, LGIM; Craig Hughes, PwC; Nigel Hugill, Urban&Civid;
Stephanie Hyde, JLL; Harry Hyman, Nexus; Angus Johnston, PwC;
Andrew Jones, LondonMetric Property plc;
Rosemarie Jones, Church Commissioners; Gerald Kaye, Helical;
Barney Kelham, BCCAP; Vivienne King; Dan Labbad, The Crown Estate;
Samantha Lake Coghlan, Goodwin; Alison Lambert, Oxford Properties;
Philip La Pierre, LaSalle; Ric Lewis, Tristan Capital Partners;
Paul Lyons, Goodwin; Andrew Macland, PGIM Real Estate; Nigel Mapp, MAPP;
Lisa Mayhew, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner; James McCaffrey, Eastdil Secured;
Paul Morrish, LandAid; Gareth Mostyn, Church Commissioners;
William Naunton, DLA Piper; Lara Newman, LocatED;
Krysto Nikolic, Starwood Capital Europe Advisers; Stephen Oakenfull, RDI REIT;
Mike Parsons, Government Property Agency;
Scott Parsons, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield; Sharon Quinlan, HSBC;
James Raynor, Grosvenor; Richard Rees, Savills; Melanie Richards, KPMG;
James Saunders, Quintain; Chris Seaton, Burges Salmon;
Sanjeev Sharma, M&G Real Estate; Jason Sibthorpe, Avison Young;
Max Sinclair, Wells Fargo Bank International; David Sleath, SEGRO;
Tony Smedley, Heitman; Chris Taylor, Hermes Investment Management;
Simon Todd, Crestbridge; Dave Trimingham, Turley; Scott Tyler, Allsop;
Gavin Tuck, Small Back Room; Caroline Turner-Inskip, Simmons & Simmons;
Pertti Vanhanen, Cromwell Property Group; Charlie Wade, VTS;
Jeremy Walden, Herbert Smith Freehills; Andrew Whelan, Santander;
Chris Wilkinson, Maples Teesdale; Rob Wilkinson, AEW Europe;
Paul Williams, Derwent London; Colin Wilson, Cushman & Wakefield.
Sponsored by the Board of Real Estate Balance:
Liz Peace CBE (Chair), Suzanne Avery, Sue Brown, Sue Clayton, Karen Friebe, Vivienne King, Claire Milton, Andy Pyle, Kaushik Shah, Sanjeev Sharma, Elisabeth Teo-Pennell.