By joining Real Estate Balance’s email list, you agree to receive email updates from time to time about organisation news, events being held and information about our partners in accordance with the terms outlined in our privacy notice, which you can read in full here.Sign up
An innovative events programme connecting senior real estate professionals with emerging talent
How can people from underrepresented backgrounds be supported to progress in an industry with a diversity problem? One way is to provide access to mentors who can help them navigate their career path.
Our mentoring programme offers real estate professionals at an earlier stage in their career the opportunity to meet a senior industry leader for a conversation around their career aspirations and development, helping them discover new skills, knowledge and gain valuable industry insights.
The transition from school or university to the workplace can be a baffling experience – making decisions and navigating the ins and outs of a new industry are challenges that even very supportive family members or peer networks are not always qualified to help with.
Mentoring helps real estate professionals starting out in the industry, particularly those from underrepresented groups, gain independent careers advice from senior leaders and insiders, while nurturing a diverse talent pipeline and creating a more inclusive industry for tomorrow.
For each event, we secure an incredible mentor line-up of CEOs and senior industry figures. Past mentors have included, amongst others:
- Amanda Clack, Head of Strategic Advisory, CBRE
- Ayesha Ofori, Founder & CEO, PropElle Network
- Brian Bickell, CEO, Shaftesbury PLC
- Ciaran Bird, CEO UK & Ireland, CBRE
- David Sleath, Chief Executive, SEGRO plc
- Fran Giltinan, Customer Experience Senior Director, Foxtons
- Jessica Tomlinson, Head of Real Estate London, Barclays Corporate Banking
- Liz Peace, Chair, Real Estate Balance
- Michela Hancock, Managing Director, Greystar Europe
- Steven Skinner, UK CEO, HB Reavis UK
- Victoria Quinlan, Managing Director – Investment Management, Lendlease
The sessions are open to all Real Estate Balance members at an early stage of their career, junior women, and those from minority groups.
Visit our Events page for details of our next mentoring session and to apply.