By joining Real Estate Balance’s email list, you agree to receive email updates from time to time about organisation news, events being held and information about our partners in accordance with the terms outlined in our privacy notice, which you can read in full here.Sign up
Once you have got buy-in from the senior team, it is essential to give strategic direction from the top and that means showing at all organisation levels that diversity and inclusion are business priorities. Start by following these key steps:
- Develop a clear diversity and inclusion strategy and policy at Board level.
- Communicate the strategy and policy in the Business Plan.
- Appoint a senior executive (ideally from a business area, not a supporting function) to be responsible for delivering balance in your organisation and encourage diversity and inclusion champions to have an impact at all levels and across all departments.
- Apply the Real Estate Balance Good Practice D&I Framework and Ten Point Project Plan.
- Sign up to Real Estate Balance’s CEO Commitments.
- Work towards D&I benchmarks and accreditation, such as the RICS Inclusive Employer Quality Mark.
- Adopt a balanced and diversified approach to sponsorship.
- Pay people equally for equivalent positions/levels/productivity.
- Be accountable and report publicly on progress.
- Consider linking executive pay to delivery of diversity objectives.